Building Department Division
Introducing Online Permits!
We now have an application and payment portal for some permits.
To be redirected to the online permit portal click the button below or click online permits.
- Some examples of available online permits include:
- Building - Door Replacements, Re-Roof, Siding and Window Replacements
- Mechanical - Fireplaces, New Construction, New HVAC Installation and Replacements
- Plumbing - Drain, Waste and Vent, Fixture Replacements, PVB's and RPZ's
- Zoning - Driveways, Fences, Signs and Structures 200 square feet or less
Permit Application Process
Step 1: Proceed with completing an application only if the property address is in the City of Anoka.
- If the address is not in the City of Anoka, please contact the city or township in which the address is located and that jurisdiction will be able to help you.
Step 2: Complete and submit your application with any required documents such as your site plan and building plans.
- The applications below are fillable PDFs. Applications are updated yearly; therefore, please use the most current application form posted below. Please note we have separate applications for roofing, siding and windows/doors replacements (same size).
- The applications below may be submitted via email, mailed or put in the drop box located outside of Anoka City Hall. We no longer accept applications through facsimile.
- If you have code construction questions, please contact the Building Official. If you have zoning questions, please contact the City Planner. If you have other questions, please contact the Building Permit Technician.
Step 3: Your application will be reviewed and we will call you upon approval regarding payment for the permit.
- We accept Visa, Master Card, Discover or checks.
- Issued permits will be emailed to you unless otherwise indicated.
Step 4: Proceed with your project and schedule inspections.
- To schedule inspections, you can either:
- Email your request to Comdev@ci.anoka.mn.us or
- Call 763-576-2720
Permit Applications (to print or download)
- Accessory Building Site Plan Review (Required for Buildings Under 200 Square Feet) (PDF)
- Building Permit Application 2021
- Demolition Application 2021
- Driveway Application 2021
- Electric Application for Contractors 2021
- Electric Application for Homeowners 2021
- Electrical Inspection Checklist for One-Family Dwellings
- Fence Application 2021
- Fire Alarm and Fire Suppression Application 2021
- Mechanical Application 2021
- Plumbing Application 2021
- Roof Application 2021
- Sewer - Water - Street to Structure Application 2021
- Siding Application 2021
- Sign Application 2021
- Subsurface Treatment System Application 2021
- Water Meter Application 2021
- Window - Door Same Size Replacement Application 2021